Search Results | Clear Search | Previous (in doc) | Next (in doc) | Prev Doc | Next Doc
This Act is current to July 29, 2020

Public Works Agreement Act

[RSBC 1996] CHAPTER 391

1Power to authorize agreements
2Minister's powers
3Expenses incurred

Power to authorize agreements

1   The Lieutenant Governor in Council may authorize a minister of the government to make and carry out with a minister or authority of Canada, or jointly with the minister or authority and any improvement district, municipality, the British Columbia Diking Authority or the Greater Vancouver Sewerage and Drainage District, an agreement regarding one or more of the following:

(a) water and land development;

(b) highway construction or improvement;

(c) flood control;

(d) hospitals;

(e) schools;

(f) other matters in British Columbia.

Minister's powers

2   In an agreement under this Act, the minister authorized to make and carry out the agreement may undertake on behalf of the government to do one or more of the following:

(a) acquire land and rights of way for works;

(b) make surveys, reports and estimates of costs of projects;

(c) build structures;

(d) carry out projects;

(e) maintain and operate works.

Expenses incurred

3   In the absence of a special vote of the Legislature for the purpose, the expenses incurred in carrying out the terms of an agreement entered into under this Act must be paid out of the consolidated revenue fund.