- Which laws are on BC Laws?
- How current is the data on BC Laws.ca?
- What is a consolidation?
- Is there a user guide available for the Table of Legislative Changes?
- How do I find the law I need?
- What does the green underlined text in some of the Acts signify?
- What is the "official" version of B.C. Statutes and Regulations?
- What do the dates at the top of an Act refer to?
- What do the dates at the top of a regulation refer to?
- What does repeal mean? What does spent mean?
- How can I find out if an Act has been repealed?
- How can I find out if a regulation has been repealed?
- How can I find out which provisions in an Act have been amended?
- How can I find out which Acts have been enacted or affected during a legislative session?
- Where can I find the wording of an Act prior to an amendment?
- Where can I find the wording of a Regulation prior to an amendment?
- Are government forms available on BC Laws?
- Are statutes and regulations protected by copyright?
- Can I print legislation from the website?
- How do I print an unofficial copy of a document?
- Can I purchase print copies of legislation?
- What other legislative material is available in print format?
- How do I obtain other government of British Columbia publications?
- Which browser is the site best viewed with?
- How can I create a bookmark link to an Act or regulation, and ensure the link will remain active?
- I am unable to view the site, what should I do?
- What is the Queen's Printer?
- What is Crown Publications, Queen's Printer?
- From the menu bar select Tools, and choose Internet Options from the drop down menu.
- In the Internet Options dialogue, click on the Privacy tab.
- In the Privacy page, click on the Advanced button.
- In the Advanced Privacy Settings dialogue, in the Cookies section, check the "Override automatic cookie handling" box, and check the "Always accept session cookies" box. Click on the OK button.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Chrome version 33+ All cookies are allowed by default in Chrome. To adjust this setting:
- From the menu bar select Tools , and choose Options from the drop down menu.
- In the Options dialogue, select the "Privacy" options.
In the "History" section, after "Firefox will", select Remember history from the menu. Click on the OK button.
- Restart Firefox.
Safari version 5+
- Click on Chrome menu icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings .
- Click Show advanced settings .
- In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Cookies" section, you can change the cookies settings.
Make sure "Allow local data to be set" is selected to allow both first-party and third-party cookies. If you only want to accept first-party cookies, select the "Block third-party cookies and site data" checkbox.
- Restart Chrome.
If you still cannot view the site, please contact Crown Publications;
Telephone: 1 800 663-6105 or 250 387-6409;
back to top
- From the menu bar select Safari .
- Select Preferences , and then click Privacy .
- In the "Block cookies" section, select Never.
- Close the dialogue
- Restart Safari.
Sources: Legislation Made Easy, 3rd edition, 2010; Legislative Assembly website at www.leg.bc.ca; e-Laws Ontario at www.e-laws.gov.on.ca.